Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In   |   Join Now!
Membership Renewal
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

4/17/2020 at 8:17:34 PM GMT
Membership Renewal

As our industry, and society as a whole, struggles to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic and its social restrictions, I think it’s important to be mindful of those things that are promising and encouraging, to balance the struggles we’re all facing right now.

It’s true that many businesses are taking a beating, as state after state requires that they shut their doors and send people home to work remotely, if at all. The field of risk management, fortunately, has been deemed an essential service and so most of us are conducting business as usual, perhaps from the confines of our homes instead of an office. The fact that we still operate has protected most of our revenues, no matter what segment of the industry we work in or the services we perform. New business may be suffering, but fortunately, renewal cycles continue, and the greater part of our revenues remain stable. Collecting premium from businesses that are impacted is going to be a concern, no doubt. But as an industry, we’re faring better than many others, and for that we can be grateful.

In light of the challenges the world is confronting, how can we plan for and justify continued membership in IAIP? More importantly, how can we justify the continued support of our employers and our industry? I would argue that membership in IAIP that has helped to prepare each of us to navigate these difficult times; and is now helping us to continue delivering value to our employers, our customers, and our communities.

Our past investments in ourselves, in our professional development, in our leadership training and practice, has prepared us to be our best in times that some would consider our worst. To any member or to any employer who questions the value of IAIP membership when so many individuals, communities, and businesses are struggling right now, I would say that an investment in an IAIP member is precisely what is enabling each of us to navigate these circumstances now.

Through IAIP membership and engagement we have each learned to be better professionals, to lead ourselves through any situation, to communicate better, to coach better, to teach better, to provide service better, to make decisions better, to solve problems better, and to protect our employers, our clients, and our profession better. Through the course of our IAIP memberships, we have trained and prepared ourselves to be our very best, even during times that are perceived as the very worst.

To an employer who questions the value of IAIP membership for their employees, I would say that if you don’t see the benefit to your business, take a good look at what is happening right now, as your employees continue serving your customers from home, as they continue producing at high levels, as they apply innovation, creative problem solving skills, and high levels of engagement to keep your businesses operating right. To those asking the question, “what value is there to my business in supporting IAIP” I would answer that the value has been received through the building of a solid professional foundation that is serving each business leader today! It’s not a question of finding the value that a business WILL receive through supporting IAIP membership, but a matter of looking around and seeing that benefit working for you right now!

As each member approaches their IAIP renewal and wonders if they’re worth the investment, and as each employer considers the investment their employees are asking them to make in their IAIP membership, know that your past investment has paid off, is paying off today, and will continue to pay off in the tomorrows to come. Through your IAIP membership you have prepared a top-quality risk management professional, and through your continued investment you will reap the benefits of that training and preparation for years to come, through each of the challenges that will confront us in the future!

Renew your IAIP membership today. Make your commitment to the future of our industry, the future of your businesses, and the future of your employees. It’s an investment that has been proven time and time again, and the evidence of that is in front of each of us today, as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. Together we will get through this, provided we keep the faith and continue our trust and commitment to one another!

Cindy J. Prud'homme, AINS, CPIA, CIIP, CLP
International President 2019-2020
Home Email: Breezie_C@prodigy.net
Cell: 810-282-7089

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal