- About Us
- Join Now
- Corporate Partners
- For Members
- Career Center
- RENEW NOW
- Legacy Foundation
Distinguish yourself from others and add value to your career with an IAIP designation!
By earning a designation you:
• Demonstrate a commitment to career development
Learn more about the value of IAIP designations.
CLP Renewal Requirements:
Eight hours of IAIP education are required to renew the CLP. The following Career Development courses qualify as CLP renewal courses.
• Assertiveness Skills
Read more about the program on our Certified Leadership Program webpage.
Certified Insurance Industry Professional (CIIP) Designation
Earning the Certified Insurance Industry Professional (CIIP) designation with IAIP indicates that you are dedicated to increasing your knowledge and achieving career growth.
*If you are a current member and currently hold the CPIW/CPIM designation and you would like to transfer to the CIIP, email your request to the Education Director
Effective September 1, 2015, the CPIW and CPIM designations are no longer offered. Current members holding the CPIW and CPIM designation can maintain use and will not be required to transition to the CIIP designation. In order to maintain the use of the CIIP/CPIW/CPIM designations, IAIP membership must be maintained.
• Current IAIP Membership for three (3) or more continuous years.
• Employment in insurance industry for a minimum of five (5) years
• Completion of sixteen (16) hours of IAIP education
• Completion of a non-association industry educational program or designation
Effective September 1, 2015. The CIIP designation will require a renewal every three (3) years which will include completing a six (6) hour IAIP education requirement and a $15.00 renewal fee.
CIIP Renewal Requirements*:
• IAIP membership held continuously for the last three (3) years with IAIP dues paid for the year application submitted.
• Completion of six (6) hours of education within the last three (3) years.
* The CIIP renewal applies to CIIP designees awarded on or after September 1, 2015.
For more information regarding designation requirements or to apply, complete and submit the CIIP Application or CIIP Renewal Application. Please allow two weeks to process your designation application. Please request a "read receipt" for confirmation that your application was received.
Diversified Advanced Education (DAE) DesignationAttaining the Diversified Advanced Education (DAE) with IAIP can distinguish you from other insurance professionals. The DAE designation recognizes leadership involvement, education obtained and commitment to IAIP by participation in association events.
Effective September 1, 2015, when applying for the DAE designation, candidates must complete the IAIP Education, IAIP Leadership, IAIP Event Participation, Industry Education and Ethics requirements anytime within the most recent five years to application date.
*The DAE designation must be renewed every five years and in order to maintain the use of the DAE designation, IAIP membership must be maintained.
DAE Renewal requirements:
• Maintain continuous IAIP membership over the past (5) years with IAIP dues paid for year application submitted
• Meet industry education, designation or publication requirements
• Completion of twelve (12) hours of IAIP education
• Participation in IAIP leadership and events
• Completion of one of IAIP's Ethics programs OR state certified Ethics program
Note: the CIIP designation must remain active to renew the DAE designation.
For more information regarding renewing your DAE designation or to apply for renewal, complete and submit the DAE Application or the DAE Renewal Application. Please allow two weeks to process your designation application. Please request a "read receipt" for confirmation that your application was received.