Association members have the opportunity to earn one of the following designations.
If you are a current member and currently hold the CPIW/CPIM designation and you would like to transfer to the CIIP, email your request to the Membership Department.
New Designee Requirements
Renewal Requirements for Existing Designee
- Must complete all courses in the Certified Leadership Program.
- Application fee is $50.
- Must complete 8 hr. designation update class.
- The designation update class and application fee combined is $100.
For more information regarding specific designation requirements or to apply, complete and submit the CLP Application. A detailed brochure of the designation can be downloaded HERE.
*The CLP designation must be renewed every two years.
CIIP or CPIW/M DESIGNATION
- Membership for a minimum of two years if you joined before January 1, 1990; all others, three nonconsecutive years
- Industry Employment for a minimum of five years
- Completion of sixteen hours of IAIP educational coursework
- Completion of a non-association educational program/designation
For more information regarding specific designation requirements or to apply, complete and submit the CIIP/CPIW/CPIM application.
For more information regarding specific designation requirements or to apply, complete and submit the DAE Application.
- Meet Industry Education and IAIP Education, Leadership and Participation standards
- Completion of one of IAIP's Ethics programs OR state certified Ethics program
- Hold CIIP or CPIW/M Designation for minimum of three (3) years
- IAIP dues must be paid for the fiscal year in which application is made
Please allow twenty working days to process your application. Please request a "read receipt" for confirmation that your application was received.
**The DAE designation must be renewed every five years.